A hard-working team of highly experienced computer technicians will put in as much time as needed to accomplish the task at hand. We provide Windows and Mac technical support that ranges from installation, troubleshooting, tutoring, networking, upgrades, backup, and data recovery.
Our onsite operating hours are from Monday through Friday from 9:00a.m. to 6:00p.m., with emergency service available. Walk-ins are welcomed at our Fountain Valley location or, if preferable, just give us a call us when in need of service or repair. For walk-in clients, the business facility provides a cozy waiting area along with chairs and magazines. For onsite repairs, our technicians will arrive on-time and ready to solve whatever problem you are having. All our repairs are warranted for 30-days and come with unsurpassed technical support.
Our rates are very competitive and before starting any job, we will provide an honest price, no extra charges or hidden fees. Give us a call! We will have your computer up and running in no time.
PC, Mac Setup / Installation
Cyber Electronics computer services will help you set up your PC or Mac for the first time or install
new hardware or upgrades to keep your system performing at its optimum.
Some of the Setup/installation services we provide:
- Create computer accounts for you, family members and guests.
- Connect your WiFi, router, home network, internet, and sound to your computer.
- Connect your printer and allow all computers to send print jobs.
- Create a home network and share programs, files, and printers.
- Install applications for the first time, register and activate your license.
- Install Antivirus programs for all your computers and protect them from network intrusion and viruses.
- Install new hardware like more memory, new graphics card, bigger storage or external backup drive.
- Create a backup strategy to prevent data loss. Data transfer from your old computer to the new one.
- Consolidate data from different computers into one device to archive your memories and prevent data loss in caseof computer hard drive crashes.
Fountain Valley Pc and Mac technical support:
Repair services provided for Windows running any operating system version include:
Repairs services provided for Apple include:
- Macbook Pro
Most common issues we provide service for on an everyday basis for either PC or Macs:
- Blue screen
- Slow computer
- Computer not starting up
- Computer taking too long to boot
- Computer unable to update
- Booting device not found
- Network problem
- Program running slow
- Computer unable to print
- Missing data
- Folders unable to display content
Our services continue on even after the computer has been picked up or the technician leaves your location. We take pride in making sure all pertinent problems have been resolved. Our services have a 30-day warranty along with outstanding technical support.
Fountain Valley Computer Forensics
Cyber Electronics Computer Forensic Services specialize in acquiring and investigating computer data
like pictures, documents, emails, web browser history, and more either from working or damaged computers, damaged storage devices (like external drives), and deleted or altered data files.
We perform investigation post-employment termination by recovering deleted emails and files even after a format and after multiple users have taken over the system. These are just a few of the examples when forensic computer analysis has the ability to provide evidence in detail for any type of civil, criminal, or corporate investigation case.
Our procedures include:
- Evidence obtained in a manner which ensures the authenticity and validity and that no tampering had taken place.
- No possible evidence is damaged, destroyed, or otherwise compromised by the procedures used to search the computer or any other device.
- Extracted / relevant evidence is properly handled and protected from later mechanical or electromagnetic damage
- Establishing and maintaining a continuing chain of custody
- Limiting the amount of time business operations are affected
- Not divulging and respecting any ethical and legal client-attorney information that is inadvertently acquired during a forensic exploration